Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Summer Food











Italian Caprese Salad; Stuffed Green Peppers with Walnuts, Italian Rice, Fresh Swiss Chard, Majoram, and Basil, and Ground Turkey; Italian Bread Salad with Corn and Tomatoes; veggie stir fry, dakon radish, spicy sauteed shrimp with peanuts, grilled pineapple; homemade pizza (Trader Joe's Crust!!) with a variety of cheeses, spinach and pesto-basil sauce (Costco!!); me with our homegrown zucchini; blueberry walnut breakfast bread; zucchini poppeyseed bread with curry.
Summer cooking is my favorite because you can incorporate so many fresh ingredients into dishes, and all the while, they are simple to make and delicious to eat!


I didn't get around to making homemade bread, but perhaps I'll save that for the fall, as my Grandma just loaned me her breadmaker for a while.

However, I did enjoy piecing together these various breakfast, lunch and dinner courses. Try cooking without a recipe sometime--or dramatically altering it---it really is a blast.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there girlie! I want to tag you to post some of your recipes!