Monday, May 14, 2007

What are you doing this Summer?



white hem


no more long pants!

Well, school is over. Let the summer activities begin! I love summer because it is such a great opportunity to actually DO the things on those long-term To-Do lists that you enjoy doing, but otherwise seem like tasks if they are too rushed. Thus, 'lazy days' can become the most productive of them all. =)

Today, I began this trend by pulling out the sewing machine and transforming a pair of long, sky blue Abercrombie & Fitch pants that I bought back in 9th grade. Yes, I still have them! They were in such good condition, I simply couldn't get rid of them. However, I never really wore them anymore, so I decided to cut them into Bermuda shorts. For an hour of sewing, it really is worth the $20 I would have spent on a new pair!

Other plans for this summer:
*Cook dinner 1 night a week
*Learn how to bake homemade bread

*Finish reading the Bible (I have 1 Samuel through Nehemiah left!)

*Memorize Scripture on a weekly basis (Romans, Proverbs, James)

*Take advantage of working in DC by walking outside during lunch hour and getting acquainted with the area
*Try out new and original recipes for my homemade ice cream maker
*Host Firepit & S'mores nights with friends

*Make the most of my summer class, "Shakespeare: Power & Justice" by enjoying the reading and supplementing it with the corresponding movies: MacBeth, Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet...feel free to come over and watch it with me!

*Trips: New Attitude, Michigan, Arizona/San Diego

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay
we have similar goals :)

Peter said...

Let me know when you are watching any of those movies.